Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: London Dreams

London Dreams tells us the story of a small-town man… A small-town man who has only one dream in life… The dream to play in front of a packed house at Wembley… Scratch that – To play Hindi Indipop in front of a packed house at Wembley! Now, as far as small-town dreams go, they don’t come any fuckeder-upper than this… So props to whoever came up with this lil’ gem of a plot premise… Because, Wow!

If not visible, yous all can download the strip from here.

Main

Tags: , , , , , , ,

69 Responses to “Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: London Dreams”

1. Prashant says:

“Shakes head in disgust, disapproval and gives up.” Brilliant stuff! Torn between wishing there were more reviews every month and getting rid of this foul bile taste caused by the thought that actual people spend real money to entertain themselves with non-parody versions of this!

2. Kanksha says:

This is getting quite ridiculous. I haven’t seen any movie in months, being warned off by your very awesome reviews (and rightly so, who wants to watch this tripe?) but honestly, what is Bollywood coming to? And if I’m not mistaken isn’t this a story they wrote a million years ago and kept getting shelved? They actually thought this was worth holding on to?
    *fails to understand how people’s minds work*

3. Aditi says:

Nice. I loved the last TURN TURN artwork.Loved the remaining too.:) Keep em coming.

4. Reuben says:

Hahahaha…friggin awesome…love the “last scene”!!! 😀

@Prashant: Hehe! Can’t roast every release without the requisite awfulness and unintentional hilarity, right? Plus This, right here, is about the full tolerance capacity I have for movies that fall in the aforementioned category. Tryin’ to work my way up the chain, though. =)

@Kanksha: Now I just feel bad! You can, of course, watch Bollytripe anytime you want, provided you have the adequate preparation. I have my very own warm-up drill which involves liberal doses of alcohol and finding friends who have a good sense of humour to give you company – Patent Pending! =D

@Aditi : Will do. =)

@Reuben : Already covered you over on Facebook, so there.. =p

6. Anirudh says:

Wembley! I lash myself for thee… to wash myself of this, A-SIN.. lol

7. Arslan says:

First time here. Absolutely hilarious! ROFL… But somehow, it made me wanna watch this movie! :)

8. Sujoy says:

Dude, that’s the gayest thing ever..LMFAO!!!

This was brilliant dude. I#ll let u know my views on the movie. Coz I was so disgusted by the utter lameness of this one. I was scratching my head and hands throughout the movie and my mouth was about to burst out with all the abusive gyaan that I had. WTF was Vipul Shah thinking???

9. Pravin says:

Awesome work man! I ‘m stream the movie and laugh my f***ing ass out 😀

10. Shrikala says:

Why oh why did i not read this review before i witnessed a visual disaster?

11. perplexed says:

this is worth the movie ticket! not the movie!!!!! I haven’t been this entertained even at the movies in a long long time! Thank you!!! 😀

12. Angad says:

Dude… that was MIND NUMBINGLY BRILLIANT!
    I don’t think Bollywood Movies can get any more Fun than THIS!
    THE LAST SCENE & THE SCENE WHERE HES FLOGGIN HIMSELF ARE INSANE!
    the SARCASM was MAD!!!
    Keep it up bro… will await more

Thankings peoples! =)

14. Anand says:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooperrrrrrrrrrrr!

15. 555Apache says:

Dude!
    Seriously awesome blog.
    Can i send you like 10 times the movies ticket money i shelled for such movies?
    Thats how entertaining reading your blog is.
    [Its actually a 1000 times more entertaining, but i can’t afford to pay you that much :P]

16. Shreekanth says:

Oasis? Granted, watching Man City all their lives could drive someone to suicide but they were still alive last time i checked.

17. Mohini says:

Hey! You missed some of the comic gems of London dreams

1. The hand shaking like a leaf in the (storm-fan created) wind after (at the most) 3-4 days of drug and alcohol abuse.
    2. A-sin’s rock ho’ look. and dancing. and asin.
    3. PRAAAA mera PRAAA, PRAAAA, PRAAAA…..PRAAAA. (At bhatinda, on forgiveness trip)
    4. My personal Fav. “Maine drugs ki hai, Cocaine, METHANE, and Marijuana..”
    Salman Khan accepts he smokes Gobar Gas. I got my tickets worth right there.

18. Neetole says:

Why would they even try using itna dimag? :s I sure have a good gut feeling about movies that are gonna screw up! looking forward to the reviews of de dana dan 😀

19. Neetole says:

Oh! oh! if you are talking bout leaving london for bhatinda please post a review on swades… :)

• Sahil Rizwan says:

Hehe, will have to wait for the next time it reruns on TV so that I can brush up on all the finer details. =) I don’t remember thinking of it as all that bad though. Probably because of AR Rahman’s music though, that.

20. Arzkiya says:

Awesome, awesome blog. Nifty artwork :), but the dialogues are the stuff ROFLMAO dreams are made of. Keep at it, man.

P.S. As regards the four Kabristan notables, I am pretty sure they must be still doing cartwheels :)

21. Ahmed says:

Great stuff…just LOL…. And I feel your reviews accurately sum up what is in the movie…Wonderful…keep it coming!!!

22. aarkayne says:

oh i love how all the great rock artistes turned in their grave….muaahhahahaha….

awesome stuff bro….may your tribe increase…..no really!!!!

23. Tejas says:

Now, as far as small-town dreams go, they don’t come any fuckeder-upper than this…I laughed the most reading this. *Sides aching*

Thanks all! I’m not actively doing any publicity right now. It’s all been word of mouth. So tribe expansion rests solely on you readers. May the force be with you, my children! =D

25. Somindu says:

Hey this blog is just awesome.
    Did you notice that this movie has been copied (most of the scenes) from the Hollywood movie “Amadeus”?
    Salman Khan plays the role of Mozart here…hahahahahaha

• Sahil Rizwan says:

I’ve actually had Amadeus on my watch list forever now. Still haven’t gotten around to seeing it. I don’t doubt anything you said for a second though! XD

26. Ramaa Ramesh says:

Holy-lord-snorting-cocaine! This is excellent shit, dude. Please do all the movies you can find into such comicstrips. On the converse of what someone said, I’m watching all these movies now simply because the review makes them sound improbably funny… Maybe they’re just being marketed wrong. There’s a thought.
    Good language + kickass sense of humour = plenty of readers and very good fun.
    Thanks for getting the formula right (even though Bollywood has been trying different formulae for years and #failing all the while!)

27. Sona Jain says:

BRILLIANT!

Thanks Sona & Ramaa! I try! =)

29. Kalyan says:

One of the best ever review by anybody! I got introduced to your site just today and I have already come so far!
    Keep up the good work!

30. Arpan says:

Make writing such scripts an unbailable offense!

31. ramesh says:

“find a south indian groupie cum backup dancer chock .. dhik-chik ..” rofl!! you are very good man .. certainly sumbling on your blog is the higlight of my day ..

Hehe, thanks Ramesh!

@Arpan: Don’t say that man! I’ll be out of a job! =p

33. kavita mohan says:

hey sahil,

this is so on the button … i just loved the wit and in-ur-face sarcasm … y’know, u probably have a great future in script writing… bollywood-style …. if u ever want to consider a career change … lolz

34. alladinsgenie4u says:

hey there! I stumbled on your blog by accident and man I love it. great work. looking forward to new blockbuster fil– err strips

35. madhavi says:

the penultimate panel is awesome … salman with his current weight issues would have just fallen off the stage …. heheehehe….
    ooh and the last one too…
    i am a fan !!!

36. Anjana says:

I think i fell off my chair guffawing after “turn”..im a fan..(bows in respect)

37. Rover Bull says:

I must’ve read about 5 of your comic strips in the last hour or so coz I just couldn’t stop after one! I am so going keep track of these now. And this bit from above: “Break into a melodramatic speech about his dreams… in front of a full-house… in motherfuckin’ Wembley… *Narrator shakes head in disgust, disapproval and gives up” – I think it’s rather inappropriate to make people laugh like they have no business being in office the way I did! Really, keep up the great work!

Definitely a huge fan!

38. Athulya says:

Take a bow!!..
    U are funny dooode.. Keep this up.. Best comic strip ever this one..
    Reached here from one of your latest, KCK.. wich was good too..
    The very last – turning in their graves .. got me guffawing..
    thnx a ton for all ur comic strips..

39. Trina says:

Sahil Rizwan, I LOVE YOU!!!

40. Ali says:

Probably your best review. LMFAO! The “self-flagellent’s only friend” and “that was a gayest thing I heard”…. I am still rolling around in laughter. These clowns must have coughed up pots full of money to be allowed anywhere near Wembley!

41. Gaurav says:

bestest!!!
    I saw this movie don’t know why but now i think so that i could enjoy this comic strip:p

42. Zainab says:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

43. Gurman says:

the last panel…legendary…!!!
    too good man..really..toooooo good…!!!

44. Saumya says:

Ahahahahhah… gasp… chortle… snort… hahahahaa…!

45. Bhumika says:

Hahaha!!!! *Grave yard turns*! Best ending EVER! Dude u seriously rock!

46. Sounak says:

Mind-blowing stuff. Now I want to watch the movie and laugh over it. Some strange wish it is! 😀

47. Varun says:

This is fcukin hilarious man . the last 2 were outta this world. I saw this sorry ass movie. What talent wasted !! You done Dabaang ???

48. Rajiv says:

“When we land in London, I’m gonna run away.. earn a living singing in the streets for alms.. before hitting puberty.. and pay my way through an elite music school with said chiller-paisa..”

Dude.. you almost killed me with this! You are really good!

49. ElMariachi says:

Get him addicted to sex, drugs but not Rocknrolla….ROFL.
    Guy Ritchie tag line was awesomely used.

50. Dibyojyoti says:

GAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome-est review among awesome reviews! LOL Dude… am a Fan!

Personally, watching this movie made me want to reach out and slap both the Director as well as Mr. Devgan-Khan as hard as I could. This movie has the most fucked up script ever – even more ridiculous than gems like My Name is Khan & Koi Mil Gaya.

Hats Off to you though. Only if the Khans & Devgans & scriptwriters & directors from Bollywood would have kept a tab on this site.

51. Srikz says:

the graveyard! omfgbbq! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! best ending EVER!

52. Ruchin says:

melodramatic speech in front of a full-house…..in motha-fuckin wembley…haha…too hilarious man..

You should try stand-up comedy dude, or have you tried it already???

53. bhavna says:

yaar am sorry but i started reading your stuff a little late in life….aaj office mein baithe baithe i thought of reading random pages of “unintentionally funny”….i have read over 15 till date but this one COMPLETELY takes the cake….i was laughing my ass off in the office…. u TODALLY rock..and thanks for adding new phrases (like “awsm sauce”) to my parlance :)

54. AJ says:

Fuckin’ A♥…….:D

55. Vikram says:

Just saw the movie, purely out of curiosity after having read your script. I’m not sure you noticed it, but this is a hilarious spoof of Amadeus, the movie based on Mozart which won the Oscar for best movie, so Salman here is actually playing a 21st century version of Mozart, and Ajay Devgun is the evil scheming Salieri.
    I think you need to add a couple of more corpses turning in their graves.

56. Annmarie Copsey says:

Enjoy complete movies 100 % free

57. Dee says:

That final panel was just too much. Talk of icing on the cake!

58. Falooda says:

“Wembley! I lash myself for thee to wash myself of this A-sin!”
    That line had me in splits! :) Awesome job.