Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: De Dana Dan

Not considering this one, Akshay Kumar has had exactly Four big releases this year. All four have, in some capacity, made an appearance on this here website. You can read three of them:

Here- http://www.thevigilidiot.com/2009/10/23/blue/

Here – http://www.thevigilidiot.com/2009/07/04/kambakkht-ishq-review/

And Here – http://www.thevigilidiot.com/2009/04/13/tasveer/

So when I got up this morning, I had big hopes for De Dana Dan. Because there is no way any actor can deliver 5 spoofworthy movies in a row, right? That’d be like the box office equivalent of Liverpool’s season this year. But alas, about 10 minutes into the movie, I could tell that, like the Scousers, I was, in fact, expecting too much. About 30 minutes into the movie, my brain started the slow process of disintegration into mush. And at the end of the Two & A Half something hours the movie lasted, I just wanted a hug.

Forget the comic panels, to even say that I could explain the movie in essay format, with just normal words, is like saying that I could explain Schrödinger’s Equations of Quantum Physics as retheorised by Roger Penrose. Nah, that might be exaggerating things a little. Because I’m pretty sure summarising Schrödinger’s theory is actually the easier task.

Anyway, before you go through the strip, observe the ‘Subscription Button’ to your right. Sign up to receive email updates of new posts and other general spammish mail. Also, if you’re a regular reader, you will observe another new widget which was also added recently, so… Just saying. Ahem.

Download the strip from HERE!

De Dana Dan - The Vigil Idiot

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

45 Responses to “Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: De Dana Dan”

1. Shantanu says:

4.15 am in the morning and you’ve saved another weekend. Loved the expression of the girl (sitting next to someone who’s supposedly you 😛 ) after the nazi song.. psst psst. what’s her name?

And yes.. where are the tits man??? thats your USP methinks! 😛 #kidding

Cheers! \m/

2. nitin says:

Holy cowdung!! Dude, Nitin??? wtf!!! whaddafakkk!!!! My name? you used it… or is that what Priyadarshan used??? Bloody fakk, if thats the case, I’ll forget the fact he’s a malayali, n make him skullfuck some cech wrestling grandwomen!!!!

ossum comics btw. they ftw as of right now.

@hollowmaniac

3. Nabamalika says:

I chanced upon your blog courtesy P. Nandy’s Kurbaan tweet a few days ago and I’ve gone through the entire blog since then.. to say this is the most entertaining stuff I have come across in a long, long, loooo*yawn*oooong time would be an understatement!! Great work :)

4. Narsi says:

Dude,

Stumbled upon your blog and I was completely into the posts for quite sometime. Great great writing dude. Keep it up.

Cheers,

5. sourabh says:

So true. Wonder if an anyone actually likes Priyadarshan’s movie. All of them are similar and suck!

6. Rahul says:

SUPERB!!
    This is hilarious!!!
    great work dude…
    😀

7. ann says:

hilarious!!! keep them coming… im hooked onto ur posts…. gonna b on a lookout here if i ever want a review 2 some movie i mig wanna c…

8. Neeraj Kumar says:

Another Awesome one :) Keep them coming dude 😀

9. Karthik says:

Another awesum piece!!

10. Priyadarsan says:

Screw you all !

11. Sohaib says:

Was it just me or that hot, wet song with Katrina and Akshay never showed up in the movie, thus defrauding all honest paying customers?

• Sahil Rizwan says:

Nooooooooo! It wasn’t just you, bro! 2 hours and 45 minutes the movie lasted, and THAT was the 5 minutes the editors decided to cut out for the earlier screenings! Absolute Fail! X-(

12. Debjani says:

Ashwin told me to watch out for this one 😛
    Off The Record has always been great!
    All the best!!

13. ajnabi says:

Now see what you’ve done, Sahil? You upset Priyadarshan so badly he forgot how to spell his name. I hope you’re proud.

Thank you dear readers! Keep subscribing! =)

15. Swapnil says:

This is an amazing site. Keep up the good work dude, you rock !!

my fav: Kurbaan

16. Neeraj says:

Sahil man, you have to do a webcomic review of Mission Istanbul! I see it figures in the ghati list but please do this one! Its like a modern Gunda if you know what I mean. Looking forward to it 😉

17. Nidhi says:

Hey a friend sent me the link to ur Kurbaan review on Friday.. and i ended up reading all the others as well.. this stuff is awesome!!

Great work! Have not enjoyed a blog so much for a loooong time now!!

18. rati says:

awesome..please write more stuff..please..can’t get enough..have scrolled through these pages liek ten times

19. Pankaj Hirway says:

Awesome work………
    waiting for a MEME

20. Moony says:

Amazingggg work dudee!!! 😀 hahahahah made my dayyy! xD

21. Well, I don’t have much use for widgets since I subscribe via RSS. This site is totally invaluable though. I’m never going to waste money on a Bollywood movie again.

22. Vasanth says:

Awesome man! Its better than watching the movies actually. Blogrolled you…

23. blueberry32 says:

Haha.. and finally a ‘Search’ button! Please please oh please do Ajab Prem?

• Sahil Rizwan says:

Hehe, the search button was always there no? About Ajab Prem, I dunno. You can’t really spoof a slapstick comedy. Unless it’s really, REALLY, bad! XD

• Aditi says:

oh trust me, ajab prem….. is one of the dumbest movies u’ll ever cum across…. the last scene is the worst…with the villains getting an electric shock in a pool of god-knows-what, and flying up and down in IN SYNC!!!!!!!!!! *cringe*, *cringe*, *cringe*!!!!!!!!!

P.S. – totally hooked to ur comics…. :)

24. anita says:

oh man, this is hilarious. been reading your work since kurbaan, and now i’m waiting for more turkeys to come up just to see what your spin is! great work :)

25. Lucifer says:

No reviews of Paa or Radio? Need Paa, man. It is possibly the most eagerly awaited movie that I don’t ever want to see.

26. Vaarun says:

hilarious hahahahahha but dude u forgot to mention the biggest akshay kumar movie in ur intro…Chandni Chowk to China u gotta do dat one as well man

27. amol says:

ohh this is Fawesome! One day I got Kurbaan’s strip, I did not know the site. just now I got to know and bookmarked immediately.

Thanks Varun & Amol. I have mentioned Chandni Chowk to China somewhere on the site. Don’t think it’s in comic strip form though. =)

29. Sib says:

Priyadarshan takes awesome malayalam movies with great comic scenes/dialogues and then puts them into his stupid formulaic model with misunderstandings and dumb chase sequences and screws it up. Which is why, most mallus who have seen the originals never watch his Hindi movies!

• Sahil Rizwan says:

That is true! As a genetic Malayali myself, I can attest to that. This guy just butchered Manichitrathazhu. Although, I was surprised he didn’t find a way to end Bhool Bhulaya with a chase sequence! =p

30. kong kahn says:

dude a movie that i would have never watched unless it was through your site…man this is doper than the tum mile+ aftab double dhamaka

31. DaddyBird says:

Heheh, great review! Although you didn’t mention one of the best things about the movie: for most of the second half of the film, Akshay Kumar’s character ends up locked in a closet and you don’t see much of him until near the end. This is a wonderful thing, that should happen in more of his movies! 😉