Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: Karthik Calling Karthik

There’re a lot of pretty obvious jokes I can go for in this intro here right about now. Something along the lines of how the director should’ve called himself to tell him about how the movie was gonna pan out… Or the crowd favourite joke, about how I thought Karthik Calling Karthik was a movie about Dinesh and Murali Karthik trying to improve their running between the wickets.

But why delay the PJ-filled awfulness of the comic with more PJs, right? Presenting the KCK strip, for your consideration.

Download and save the strip from here!

PS – Regular readers probably got the last panel reference here. The irregulars – Having to explain a joke is the ultimate level of fail, so pliss to be reading the Veer wala comic (http://www.thevigilidiot.com/2010/01/26/veer/)Β to make more sense of the Salim-Javed feud LOLz yourself. =)

Thank you for voting!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

88 Responses to “Unintentionally Funny, Must-Watch Bollywood Movies: Karthik Calling Karthik”

1. jkd says:

yayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! I get the first comment!!!!! I havent even READ teh strip but scooted here to say Thanks, bro! πŸ˜‰ Cheers to a Tutti-frutti-tuesday!
    p.s: gonna watch it tmrw but read it here first! πŸ˜‰

2. Nabamalika says:

Multiple mental whaaaa….?? Wtf, yo! Redefining lame. Funny, funny yet again, Sahil! :)

3. jkd says:

Roflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE keep the Sholay reunion a continuous thing!!!! Am praying these two juniors keep at their careers so Papas can be in the last panels…!!!!!! lolzzzzz…>! Rocking! I know the denouement now so am gonna watch out tmrw..! btw, no niceties u displayed in revealing endings in the film’s first week..! major spoilers, brother! But i am SO not complaining!!! Wooo-hoooo!!! πŸ˜‰ God bless!!!

4. Asha Tampa says:

Good one! We emerged out of the theater with a headache and lots of WTFs! Maybe you cud read my review too – tho it’s not as awesome as your stick figures! πŸ˜‰

5. Nidarshana says:

Is the script that pathetic? I am new to your kinda humor V.I. so I guess I should take this strip easy, eh?

Good one! Will keep coming back :)

• RJ says:

yes, his stripping is funny take on all movies.. read his london dreams and Blue, you wud laugh ur A#$% off

6. Munish Gupta says:

ROFL… it wasn’t that bad…lolz

7. RJ says:

BTW Sahil, This is MA frist comment .. Kept reading all ur strips, but never replied as I got late into this website :) No am regular to this :) u ROCK

8. Sharan says:

Dude. You be a genius.
    Fo’real and .. err.. fo’shizzle.. my .. nizzle.
    (other hipster references to form bond)

Ok, hey..you up for some writing funny strips for money?

9. Mann says:

I actually liked the movie. Not for the plot n all…more coz it was different. A couple of cliches u mentioned actually did not happen this way in the movie and were quite justified…
    Like when the psychiatrist talks to Karthik, she’s not able to talk much…coz she’s terrified. She actually just listens. So actually Karthik does not have to time his gaps at all.
    Also its not ‘Mutiple Mental Disorder’, its ‘Mutiple mental disorders’ coz he has multiple problems together.
    Hey dont wanna ruin your fun…just thought it should be pointed out.
    Rest, great as usual…

• Sahil Rizwan says:

Hehe! Admittedly, most of the movies that feature here are better than I give them credit for. Although, I’m pretty sure she says, ‘Multiple Mental Disorder’. Apologies all round if she doesn’t though. =)

10. Sharan says:

This is me: @sharant

11. RT says:

OMHFG…Sholay Renuinon just gets better and better!!!! That was without a 2nd doubt the BESTEST part f the scrip! Salim’s payback time πŸ˜‰ ROFLMAO!

12. sumantics says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Also, ROFLMAO! And *chokes with laughter till she takes a breather to, um, catch her breath and then promptly collapses on floor, laughing again*.

ZIS. WAS. THE. SHIZ.

Sahil, you wonderful, wonderful man, you keep getting better with each dumbass movie that releases, and you have mastered the art of saving the best for last. The last panel is worth its pixels in gold.

This is SO what the doctor ordered to deal with the BS that Bollywood churns out year after year after year. May you continue to shine and give me my weekly dose of stomach-hurting laughs.

You deserve prime space in every netizen’s bookmarks.

Cow-eyed awe,
    Sumantics

13. sehba says:

:) this is blue murder! another movie killed for me… i’ll make it a point to see the movie before reading your reviews. hilarious… and great insight! am new to your page, but good stuff!

• jkd says:

Please marry Seher to this boy and keep him in the family!!!!

• Aniruddh says:

dude…people want to adopt you into their family via marriage. Your stick figures kick pheromone ass even!!!!

• jkd says:

Hmmm. Actually i m old enuf to adopt him even….! Then, i get to see all the comics FIRST!!!!! EEEEEYYYAAAHHHHAAAWWWW!!!! ;-D

14. Nirvana says:

Funny. But the comic strip makes me wanna see this movie all the more, even if it may be a horrible rip off of/inspired by Fight Club or something.

15. Fahad says:

Well done kiddo. The Sholay reunion is the bee’s knees.

PS: Manchester United suck donkey gonads. kthnxbai

16. kasyap says:

my favorite is the multiple mental thing

17. raven says:

how about the complete disregard of patient confidentiality as shrink and GF bond over poor K’s problems??

18. shails says:

isnt there a indication on every instrument if a alarm or reminder is set onto it .???? A seriously weak plotted movie, at many places .

19. sanchari says:

loved the last panel specially!!! HAHAHAHAHA…

20. Rc says:

Sholay reunion kicked ass as usual, but the rest was pretty straightforward huh, just explaining the story scene by scene. Just saying.

21. Savvy says:

The title gives away the supposed movie plot…I assumed the mental thing from the trailers itself! Oh well, good comic strip as usual!

22. Zennmaster says:

BWUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sholay reunion… BWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

23. chaitanya k says:

bloody awesome dude! “Throne for a sofa chair”… “multiple mental disorder” I know! What was with that crap?

24. Dheeraj says:

Its my first post ever for any strip! The ‘Sholay Reunion’ just took the cake!
    I guess i dont need to term the strip with any adjective…guess its one of the best things ever happened to the domain of critical movie analysis off late! cheers sahil!

25. BigFishMag says:

Karthik called Deepika Padukone a slut, prostitute and office sex-stationery — which was his subconscious speaking! So I don’t think deep inside he respected her a lot πŸ˜€

Good shit!!

26. Anish says:

Dude, you’ve invented the coolest way to pan bad bollywood trash. More power to you & your ilk!
    Movies like KCK are the worst in brainless writing – they pretend to be ‘different’ and ‘new age’ – but, the fact is they are just lazy and unentertaining. And that’s not Bollywood. And the Sholay reunion was zimbly zooperb!!

27. aarkayne says:

Have you done VEER yet? You should, please? And then add the SHOLAY reunion rebuttal pane there….each of them needs to get a chance no…LOL!!!

28. Nona says:

:) I haven’t seen the movie. But after your review, there is no need to!

Loved the Sholay reunion part!

29. Space Bar says:

Nice. subconscience was a cool (if unintentional) touch.

30. ajnabi says:

Someone accidentally spoilered me about the ending–before that I had been anticipating the film with optimism, but after I was SO GLAD I hadn’t wasted my time. Your comic strip, on the other hand, is the opposite of a waste of time. :-)

31. sagar says:

why dint he just buy a cell phone like regular people instead of buying that shitty landline model again?

ps dude the salim javed thing is fuckin hillarious..

32. Adi says:

The movie seems fucked up…… I thought it would be interesting movie with it being a psychological thriller and all. I guess one cant expect good films from bollywood these days.

33. Edwin says:

its a good read but you have had funnier stuff :)

34. Mohini says:

Saleem and Javed \m/ maybe do a special panel exploring the nuances of that love affair..

35. Nikita says:

Good stuff this! :)

36. Name (required) says:

simply great dude ..

37. Super stuff as usual though I’ve yet to watch the film. The Sholay reunion RAWKS!!

Keep ’em coming! πŸ˜€

38. vincey says:

HEHE.. i had fun watchin this movie.. even though i didnt check out ur comic strip.. movie was hilarious… n for a change the crowd in the theater was super cool.. whistling n all .. not to mention passin comments on probably every dialogue and a few tried 2 make it a scary movie.. by sreaming every time the dumb phone rang.. by the way.. thumbs up for your work

39. Hardik says:

Multiple mental disorder……. psychopanti… Rollicking stuff Sahil.. keep ’em coming :)

40. Pankaj Hirway says:

i wasn’t expecting such crap from farhan akthar ……..he too seems to be going after crappy roles…..
    his previous work was much awesome especially Rock On

41. sowmya says:

what an awesome “dhulai” of an aweful script… jai ho Sahil

i seriously didnt like the movie and had non sensical twists.. hehehe[:D]

42. nibha says:

the last panel makes a comeback… awesome! :)

43. Nitin says:

This one just blew me away. was laughing and choking on my apple juice. needless to say.. your best one so far πŸ˜€

44. ramesh says:

haha loved the sholay thingy

45. Wafa Haji says:

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha! Well done, me lad…! You’ve kicked some ass again. This has been my fav so far!! πŸ˜€

46. Anwesita says:

Hey this is prettty amazing man !!
    \m/
    Love the humor and teh stick figures jusssstt rock !!
    πŸ˜€

47. PRAKASH says:

why deepika never talked on his phone he would had 2 lovers!!! same people great !!

48. Tania says:

Last panel – ROTFL….thsi movie was beyond lame…N acting and akll is ok – but basic script!!! Was Farhan akhtar sleeping through the reading sessions? The plot was evident way before we reached the interval

49. Ola! says:

I guess this was an attempt at an Indian version of FightClub sans the violence. Wouldn’t say it was all bad, more so because my expectations were so low after MNIK last week and Teen Patti the day before πŸ˜›

50. Meena says:

Dude…..you are really awsum…..now i dont even feel like watching the movie πŸ˜›

51. Shweta says:

Just found ur blog- have become a fan- its super!

52. tennnine says:

wow!!

53. Anmol Arya says:

This was one of the most disastrous movies I have ever watched
    Some ideas in Jaani Dushman (the new one) made more sense πŸ˜›

54. rene says:

Mast!

55. Ramaa Ramesh says:

Ayyyyo…. dying, dying.
    Whatay brilliance.

Dankeschon! Everyone! =D

57. @nks says:

i hope the Thackeray trio doesn’t read your comic strip … coz u’ve called Mumbai… Bombay 2 times… this is as good as “sahil stabbing sahil” … πŸ˜›

58. Ruhi says:

You should have incorporated the “Send”, “Do not Send” and “Cancel” button protocol from the mail client. Why do we need “Do not Send” when there is a Cancel button? Perhaps it’s just my IT mind πŸ˜›

59. Sumaiya says:

Dude you’re awesome!

60. shrilatha says:

I didnt find this one as funnier as ur other pieces. may be there wasnt much scope.. had liked MNIK, veer, n 3I better. But sholay reunion is just awesome.. πŸ˜€ also liked ‘amazing memory the landline must’ve had’.. u r really funny!

61. Shobha says:

Hilarious!! I heard it as Multiple Mental Disorder too.

62. Ritu says:

Hey, striked your page for the first time today…its just awesome….hadnt every thot somebody blogging a movie review so interestingly..its mch pleasure to read your reviews that to watch the movie itself…amazing creativeness..cheers!!!

63. Merin Rebecca says:

I think te movie was good .. but ur review was better:)

64. Renu says:

Hey Sahil,
    I kind of liked the movie too…but the review was way way way better. Totally hillarious and adressed all my issues with the movie!

Great job you are doing with your fabulous and genius stick-figures!

65. KP says:

Oh mannn…..awesome work….thumbs up

*these strips* should be published in Times of India rather than stupid reviews…

last strip was best…..sholay reunion……LOL

screw this Raajneeti movie now. see it to believe it.

66. Bharat says:

Dude….u hv a special talent…..keep using it……stupid bollywood movie makers think they can show any shit and earn pots from the public……..screw them man…..go go…..

67. Rupsha Sen says:

hahahaha.
    i love this site!
    hahaha.

68. Bhumika says:

this is amazing! am ur fan!

69. Murli says:

Hello…

first, a very fantastic ability u have got .. Raavan review was amazing !

but this one proved that ” critic can also be criticized ” .. it looked like u narrated the whole thing just by adding some of the critic style along the way.. sorry it was artificial & forced critic.. 😐

anyways, happy to u :)

70. Shruti says:

I think she said ‘multiple personality disorder’ and not multiple mental disorder….

71. sanchari says:

“PSYCHOPANTI” πŸ˜€ ….too much….

72. pooornima says:

This is the bestest review ever seen..Silent script are the funniest.